Associate Director or Manager, Program Management
製薬会社における【Associate Director or Manager, Program Management, Marketed Products Group】のポジションです。
Marketed products are an important part of our overall business strategy and our promise to patients. The R&D Marketed Products Group (MPG) is a dedicated R&D group consisting of cross-functional R&D resources that provide support and seek ways to enhance the efficiency, expertise, and quality of products that have been on the market across the globe.
This position provides project management and leadership skills to global, cross-functional, cross-divisional teams in addressing the challenges and driving the activities necessary to optimize these products in the marketplace to meet our strategic objectives.
- Responsibilities include strategic direction and translating the product strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, monitoring slippage and developing strategies to get back on plan and navigating through the internal governance for projects.
- The Associate Director works closely together with the Global Program Leader (GPL) and Established Products Sub-Teams (EPSTs), as well as other CMSO and Commercial functions, to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategy is integrated into an operational plan.
- Identifies and drives innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and takes on, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include project management processes and systems.
- Leads the project planning efforts of the Global Program Team (GPT)/ Established Product Team (EPT), joint Project Teams in the case of Alliance projects, and / or other cross-functional teams in defining and implementing the product strategy as well as the operational plan, execution strategies & critical paths with the team.
- Responsible for coordinating governance approvals for the key project deliverables.
- Proactively identifies and drives project and resource priorities that align with the business objectives.
- Addresses and resolves product challenges, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance concerns). Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations.
- Establishes, communicates and executes plans resulting in achievement of project goals.
- Guides and manages the creation of product strategies and presents these strategies to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Provides clear and targeted messaging to teams, translating corporate priorities into clear and meaningful team goals.
- Provides direction and obtains buy-in of all team members to Integrated asset strategy.
- Identifies ways to accelerate the project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards.
- Continuously and efficiently manages stakeholders at various levels and across functions. Ensures all Marketed Products stakeholders are involved as appropriate.
- Partners with MPG MD/Clinical Science and MPG R&D Function Leads to coordinate R&D function support for assigned products.
- As a member of GPT leadership, the GPM will attend and facilitate GPT meetings. With input from the Global Project Leader, ensure agendas are appropriate to enable key discussions and decisions within the team.
- Partners with the GPL to lead and manage the global, cross-functional GPT through the project plan execution and holds to the highest standards for operational excellence in drug development and life cycle management.
- Drives GPT/EPT deliverables for project completion for assigned marketed products Proactively identifies potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies and follows issues through to resolution ensuring that all GPT/EPT issues arrive at a singular conclusion or recommendation.
- Partners with the GPL/EPT to provide financial oversight for global, cross-divisional for on-market/established products). Includes consolidation, vetting and prioritization of GPT/EPT spending risks and opportunities.
- Leads the project risk management process in the team and generates the cross-functional, cross-divisional project risk register for assigned compounds. Independently resolves complex issues and competing priorities that may impact achievement of goals, and creates mitigation plans and drives to resolution.
- Works closely with the GPL for a project to balance operational execution with R&D and commercial strategy.
- Manages project status reporting including scheduled as well as ad-hoc updates.
- Participates in the annual portfolio analysis process to ensure accurate information, timelines, and budgets are completed to support project recommendations to Senior Management.
- Provides direction and mentors junior colleagues in working strategically and driving for results; helps them break down problems into manageable pieces; looks for opportunities for junior PM to demonstrate their abilities to larger audiences; uses effective coaching techniques to refocus energy and address frustrations; leads by example (e.g. maintains composure under pressure).
- May have responsibility for line management of Senior Manager level GPMs as well as contractors within the GPM function.
- Orchestrates the involvement of appropriate cross-regional, cross-functional and Alliance partner individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups.
- Generates collaboration, cooperation and communication across functions and between regional representatives in the team as well as applicable Alliance partners (by leveraging the experience and knowledge of a diverse workforce crossing R&D, Commercial etc) ensuring that team goals are achieved.
- Supports external vendor management and works closely with global CRO partner(s) for appropriate functional support.
- EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and experience in Clinical Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing or other drug development related function
- Demonstrated previous experience as a project manager leading complex pharmaceutical project deliverables in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
- Modest people management experience
- Leadership experience in managing a global, matrix team.
- Experience in intercultural cooperation
- Proven leadership skills and strategic problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations for management
■Knowledge and Skills
- Project leadership and management skills are required
- Therapeutic area expertise is desirable
- Strong Influencing Skills
- Ability to predict issues and solve problems by independent resolution
- Ability to articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functionally
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions.
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment
- Highly effective communications skills ? written and verbal
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective negotiation and positive influencing abilities
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically in conflict situations
- Highly effective presentation skills ? create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Microsoft Project Professional, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Fluent in English
Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
May travel to the US, EU and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally. Approximately 25% travel is required.