- We are looking for a talented attorney to work with the Marketing, Mobile, and Online Advertising businesses. In this role, you will report to a Senior Corporate Counsel, based in Tokyo, Japan. The successful candidate will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on a wide range of matters from standard commercial contracts to strategic deals, providing day-to-day corporate and business law advice, helping launch innovative new services, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and regulatory contacts, and conducting legal review of program features, advertisements, promotions and marketing. You will work with the global legal team in developing best practices in marketing, and being the escalation point for marketing issues across JP legal. Additional duties include working on consumer related regulatory compliance matters, and providing trainings to the business.
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified to practice law in Japan and/or U.S. or other jurisdiction.
- 5+ years of legal experience including 3+ years in a top national or international law firm, and experience leading transactions as principal legal counsel.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and work effectively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and drafting and negotiation skills in Japanese and English.
- Excellent ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose or implement solutions.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Common sense and great judgment, even in ambiguous situations.
- Experience in digital marketing and retail industry is a plus.
- Experienced reviewing and advising on intellectual property issues is a plus.
- Experience in analyzing and responding to regulatory and compliance matters is a plus.
- Experience with M&A is a plus.
- Experience with litigation is a plus.