Analyst Internal Controls
外資系一般消費財メーカーでのAnalyst Internal Controlsのポジションです。※3-5 year working experience in Finance, especially in internal/external auditing
- Purpose of the Position
Support the implementation of a comprehensive structure of financial and other controls, to protect company assets and interests, and to ensure that the business is carried out in an orderly, efficient and integrity manner, in compliance with global & local principles and practices and with local regulatory requirements.
- Support all functions by streamlining business processes, reducing or eliminating non-value adding administrative tasks, and creating an environment where controls are in place.
- Support implementation, in conjunction with the various company departments, effective internal control system to protect company assets. Ensure that existing business process guidelines (“Principles & Practices”) are up-to date. Identify areas where new Policies & Procedures need to be developed and implemented.
- Collaborate in annual risk assessment per our guidelines and support the creation of annual audit plans based on the risk assessment. According to the annual internal review plan, perform internal reviews on business processes in key risk areas in cooperation with relevant company departments to ensure their adherence to approved Principles & Practices. Document results of internal reviews, and communicate to management the overall assessment of the internal controls environment and when necessary, prepare a list of management action plans, and coordinate their execution and implementation.
- Assess company's internal control system in major business/IT cycles based on our SOX instruction, assist Internal Controls & Audit Manager to manage SOX exercises such as documentation, walk-through of identified control activities and control testing that care performed by IC staff in order to ensure the control effectiveness over financial reporting. Ensure that the remedial actions are taken to mitigate control deficiencies noted if applicable and communicate the results to the management.
- Cooperate to external auditors in the execution of their audits. Facilitate internal documents and information according to the requirements and circumstances of the audits, and in line with management decisions. Ensure that audit findings are followed-up and resolved. Create reports regarding conducted audits and reviews; and follow-up on action plans for both local management and our in order to ensure that all relevant parties are well informed of issues and the status of their resolution.
- Support the implementation of our fiscal compliance program in the organization by training employees periodically. Initiate and implement customer checks and maintain documentation. Perform check on all new vendors as well as re-verification required as per our Fiscal Compliance Principles & Practices.
- Compile and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by our Principles & Practices as well as any ad hoc requests generated by our Internal Controls.
- Actively participate in developing and enhancing the skills/capability of his/her subordinates. Manage the task assignment among the team members and build good teamwork.
- Support the implementation of new Internal Controls processes that may arise from legal/compliance initiatives. Ensure that solid image for Philip Morris, as responsible corporation and preferred business partner, is built and maintained through all activities, by following Policies & Procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance Area
- 3-5 year working experience in Finance, especially in internal/external auditing
- Must be fully bilingual both in English and Japanese
- Must have SOX 404 experience
- Sound understanding of internal control and financial accounting
- Logical & persuasive writing skill, Presentation skills, Critical thinking, Objectivity, Project Management Skills and Internal Consulting Skills
- Ability to understand systems, both manual & computerized and the necessary controls